@Château de Bussy-Rabutin
Exposition, Rendez-vous aux jardins, visite...
Near Monbard, visit the Château de Bussy-Rabutin in a wooded Auxois valley.
A colourful character. Count Roger de Bussy-Rabutin (1618-1693), the cousin of Madame de Sévigné, was a soldier, courtier and famous writer. He was exiled from court after exposing the love affairs of his famous contemporaries in his Histoire Amoureuse des Gaules.
Successfully rescued. The Count de Sarcus started restoration works in the 19th century and managed to have the château listed as a historic monument in 1862, the first instance of state protection for a private property. It was bought by the French state in 1929 and extensive restoration work has been carried out since the 1970s.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, the monument is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities.
The monument is fully opened.